ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2012
INPEX SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
34th Floor, Akasaka Biz Tower,
Akasaka 5 – 3 – 1, Minat0- ku. Tokyo 107-6332 Japan
Phone. Japan 81-3-5572-0602
Fax. Japan 81-3-5572-0603
All of the following conditions should be satisfied.
- Those who have the nationality of the Republic of Indonesia and have studied the course of Natural Science in the prestigious universities in Indonesia with more than 16 years of school education, and are not more than 30 years of age when application is submitted, having “SARJANA” Degree.
- Those who have the aim to study the course of Natural Science in the master’s course of university in Japan, and were permitted or are expected to be permitted to enter the university.
- Those who have excellent results of school record, (cumulative GPA : more than 3.0) and are in good health.
- Those who have been permitted to get the scholarship of the FOUNDATION by their belonging institutes, universities or companies.
- Those who have interest in the friendly relations between the Republic of Indonesia and Japan and are prepared to contribute to the promotion of such relations.
- Those who had not or have not been awarded other scholarships in Japan or in similar countries.
Less than THREE (3) students will be accepted for the 2012 scholarship program.
- The payment of school and living expenses will be made to the scholarship students during their study in Japan, based on the Regulation of Scholarship Award of this FOUNDATION.
- The scholarship award in 2012 is as follows.
- School expenses to be paid to the university such as entrance examination fee, entrance fee, tuition fee, etc. are all borne by the FOUNDATION.
- Monthly award of Yen 160.000 is given to each student as living expenses, including lodging expenses, medical expenses, transportation fee. books. etc. Commuting pass expense is seperately borne by the FOUNDATION.
- Air ticket (economy class, Jakarta-Tokyo) will be given to the scholarship students when coming to and leaving Japan. However, all other expenses necessary for travelling such as passport acquisition fee, visa fcc for entering Japan, etc. are to bc borne by the students.
- A scholarship is awarded for up to two years and eight months maximum.
- The payment of the award will commence from the date mentioned in the notification of acceptance, and is terminated on the date 30 days after the day of completion of study or research, the date leaving Japan or the expiration of 2 years and 8 months, Whichever occurs earlier.
- In case the date of commencement or termination of the scholarship award is in the middle of the month, full amount will be given if the balance of days is more than half month, and half amount if the balance of days is less than half month.
- The payment of scholarship award is stopped in the following cases.
- When it becomes impossible for the students to continue study or research due to illness or failure in the examination to the master’s course or other reasons.
- When the results of school record are poor.
- When the professor in charge considers that the student is not qualified to continue studying or continue research.
- In case the student is unsound and improper in his conduct.
- When the student brings discredit to this FOUNDATION’s prestige and reputation.
- Absence from Japan during grant period. Scholarship students may leave Japan temporarily during the grant period if such absence does not interfere with the purpose of the grant.
- A total absence of up to 21 days per year after having passed the entrance examination to the master’s course will be allowed without any deduction in grant benefits.
- A total absence in excess of 21 days per year will result in deduction of monthly award for the excess period accordingly.
- The selection shall be made from the qualified applicants by examining application form, past school records, study plan, letter of recommendation, English proficiency test score and other documents. The FOUNDATION will favorably consider a positive recommendation letter by a prospective academic supervisor of a Japanese university which an applicant wishes to enter.
- Selection procedures are as follows.
- Primary Selection. To be made by the Screening Committee of the FOUNDATION on examining the documents.
- Final Selection. To be made by the Board-Directors’ Meeting of the FOUNDATION.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the primary selection by the end of January 2012 and the final selection of the scholarship students by the end of March 2012.
- Applicants must fill out the fixed forms which please bring or send by registered mail to the following with the description of “APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS” on the envelope.
INPEX Corporation. Jakarta Office
7th Floor, Mid Plaza Building I
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 10-11
Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
- The following papers must be submitted, being attached to the application form.
- 2 photographs, 5cm x 3.5cm, of upper part of the body without hat One should be attached to the application form and the other with the name written on the backside should not be attached.
- School Record. Transcript of academic record issued by the university attended
- Letter of Recommendation. Confidential letter addressed to the FOUNDATION from the president or the advisory professor of the graduated university, and/or from the present employer (if currently employed).
- Certificate of Graduation. Graduation certificate issued by the university attended.
- Personal History and Personal Data (Curriculum Vitae)
- Health Certificate made out by the medical doctor
- Admission Certificate from the university or other research institute in Japan, if already obtained.
- Certificate of TOEFL score record.
- Certificate of Japanese language proficiency, if any.
- Return Envelope (approx. 23cm x 12cm) with your name and address on the front.
- The deadline for application is November 15. 2011. but the documents received with the postmark of the above date are also valid for application and accepted by the FOUNDATION.
- All papers received with the application form will not be returned to the applicants.
The candidates who passed the final selection by this FOUNDATION should submit a Letter of Acceptance of Scholarship Award to this FOUNDATION by the fixed date. In case of failure, he will automatically be disqualified as a candidate for the scholarship award.
The grantees of the scholarship award should take up their scholarship during the course of 2012 Japanese fiscal year (up to March 31. 2013). Extension of the scholarship beyond the specified period will not be considered.
Yen 60.000 will be paid to each student, who are awarded 2012 scholarships by this FOUNDATION, upon his arrival at Tokyo.
When a student is awarded a scholarship by this FOUNDATION, comprehensive accident insurance will be taken out covering the student’s travelling between Jakarta and Tokyo. The amount to be insured is Yen 25,000,000 for Injury Death or Residual Disability.
Tn case. an applicant has a prospective advisory professor in Japan, his name and the reason of asking for his advice must be mentioned in the application form.
This FOUNDATION has no lodgings to accomodate the scholarship students. Housing problem is very serious in big cities in japan, and therefore, the student who is awarded the scholarship of this FOUNDATION should secure his lodgings beforehand through his advisors or acquaintances in Japan. This FOUNDATION will also help the scholarship student to find his suitable lodgings.
- November 15, 2011 : Closing of application
- December 2011 / January 2012 : Decision of successful candidates from primary selection
- March 2012 : Decision of scholarship students
- April / May 2012 : Submission of application of the above scholarship students to the Graduate Course of university and/or Japanese language institute
- June 2012 : Examination (Japanese language test section) for Japanese Universtity Admission for International Students (Nippon Ryugaku Shiken) at Jakarta and Surabaya
- September 2012 : Arrival of scholarship students from Indonesia to Japan
- September / October 2012 : Commencement of study of Japanese language in the special course of the university or Japanese language school
- October 2012 : Commencement of study of Research Student Program of the university
- December 2012 : Japanese Language Proficiency Test (Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken)
- February 2013 : Entrance examination to the master’s course
- April 2013 : Commencement of study at the master’s course of the university
Several of Japanese universities such as Waseda University, Keio University and Tokyo University of Agriculture have had long experience in accepting foreign students. At first, they admit their applicants as research students for six months, and let such students, whose knowledge of Japanese language is insufficient, mainly study Japanese language in the special course of the university. Then, at the end of special course, the research student must take a special entrance examination to the master’s course, usually for academic intellectual faculty and Japanese / English language proficiency. The examination usually involves an interview of the professor in charge. Only those who passed such special entrance examination are admitted entering the university as a regular student of the master’s course. Even after admitted, generally speaking, many classes are taught in Japanese, some explained in English, and some conrlneted in the mixed languages. The importance of studying the Japanese language throughout their campus life cannot be overstressed in addition to improving English proficiency. This FOUNDATION encourages its scholarship students to study Japanese language and extends financial assistance by the way of compensating Japanese language tuition fees immediately after selected.
According to the educational system of Japan, the course for a master’s degree requires at least two years for study after graduation from a university (i.e. after completion of the whole course of 16 years conducted at school – 6 years in primary school. each 3 years in middle and high school and 4 ycars in faculty coursc of university).
137 total views, 1 views today