PhD Scholarships for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences at Luebeck University, Germany
The application deadline is January 15, 2009.
The Graduate School of Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences (funded by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinsch aft, DFG, and the German Government within the German university excellence program) at Luebeck University is now offering PhD scholarships for the following 16 projects:
1. Correction of Susceptibility caused Distortions in Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
2. Endoscopic Optical Coherence Tomography in the Deep Brain
3. Transcranial sonography (TCS) in monogenic forms of Parkinsonism
4. Stroke Rehabilitation Robot
5. Parallel mode of action control: from human studies to intelligent robotic interfaces
6. Cardiac pacemaker localization
7. Brain Modelling
8. Robot assisted navigation guided OCT operating microscope
9. Definition of cortical networks for the control of eye and hand movements
10. 3-dimensional kinematic principles of eye, head and limb movements
11. Interfaces based on EEG, ECoG and DBS
12. Inhibitor Design
13. Efficient Methods of Exact Solutions of Complex Problems in Molecular Biology
14. Synaptic Plasticity: Regulatory Mechanisms in Receptor Trafficking
15. Computational analysis of RNA structure
16. Analysis of adult stem cells by computer vision
Please visit our website for more detailed descriptions of the projects.
PhD scholarships amount to 1250 Euros per month. The application deadline is January 15, 2009. Students with a master`s degree (or its equivalent) in computer science, mathematics or engineering are invited to apply for admission. In certain cases, students must submit, as part of their application, the results of one of the acknowledged language tests to prove their English proficiency.
For further information, please visit our website at www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions via email:
firstname.lastname@example.org before sending your application.
University of Luebeck
Graduate School for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences
Ratzeburger Allee 160
100 total views, 1 views today