For entry in October 2012, we will be offering up to 70 new Doctoral Studentships.
University Doctoral Studentships are available to both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students who will be studying full-time. They can be held in any School of the University.
Applicants are assessed on the basis of their research excellence or demonstrable potential and the quality of their research proposal. If you wish to be considered for a University Studentship you should discuss your proposal with the relevant School, Department or Centre to establish whether you can be supported.
What is offered
A Doctoral Studentship provides:
- an annual bursary (£15,500 in 2012/13 and expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years);
- a full tuition fee waiver;
- a one-off allowance of £1,000 which may be used across the three-year period of the studentship to support research needs such as specialist training, equipment or conference attendance.
Continuation of the award after the first year is subject to confirmation by the relevant School of satisfactory progress. Studentship holders are usually expected to undertake some form of teaching support activity as part of the bursary arrangements. This will be agreed with the School concerned. Training will be provided to support any teaching activity.
The University provides a broad research and enterprise development programme to support the development of research skills.
How to apply
As mentioned above in the ‘Eligibility’ section, we strongly advise you to discuss your proposal with the relevant School, Department or Centre in order to establish whether you can be supported.
You can find more details about individual doctoral programmes on the School pages:
- Cass Business School
- School of Arts: Cultural Policy & Management, Journalism, Music
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Informatics
- School of Social Sciences
- The City Law School
To make an application, please do the following:
- Arts, Health Sciences, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Informatics, Social Sciences and Law: make an application for a research degree at City University London in the normal way. In the ‘Finance’ section of the application form, indicate that you wish to be considered for a University Doctoral Studentship.
- Cass Business School: read the instructions and complete the online application form.
The deadline for University Doctoral Studentship applications is Friday 9 March 2012.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome in April 2012.
University Doctoral Studentship enquiries
Interdisciplinary Research Development Manager
City University London
T: +44 (0)20 7040 3805
For more information, please visit official website.
139 total views, 2 views today